Paying for Assisted Living
The cost of care for senior living services vary based on many factors including geographic location, level of care required for the resident, community amenities, plus many other aspects.
- Cost of Care (Genworth) - Genworths' Cost of Care Survey tool allows individuals to calculate the cost of long-term care across the U.S.
- Virginia Auxiliary Grant (AG) - The AG is an income supplemetn for individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and certain other aged, blind, or disabled individuals.
- VA Aid & Attendance Benefit - Veterans and survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and require the aid and attenance of another person, or are household, may be eligible for additional monetary payment. These benefits are paid in addition to monthly pension, and they are not paid without eligibility to Pension.
- Long-term Care Insurance - Long-term care insurance is designed to cover long-term services and supports, including personal and custodial care in a variety of settings such as your home, a community organization, or other facility.
- Private Pay - This is where the resident or responsible party for a resident pays for the senior living services with their personal funds.