As a member of VALA, you will receive support in managing the many challenges that impact the assisted living industry. In addition to providing a legislative voice for our members, membership in VALA entitles you to numerous other benefits.
There are three levels of membership - Provider Membership, Industry Partner Membership, and Supporting Partner Membership.
Click below to view an outline of the benefits associated with each level:
With the increasing support of Virginia’s assisted living community, the Virginia Assisted Living Association serves as the largest unified voice of assisted living in Virginia. Listed below is a small sampling as to why approximately 150 assisted living providers who have the licensed capacity to serve more than 11,000 residents have chosen to be a member of VALA.
- Advocacy - As Virginia’s leader in assisted living advocacy, VALA works regularly with the State Departments and with legislators.
- Resident Referral Services - Contact information of VALA members is listed on VALA's website offering family members a direct link to your community’s website or e-mail inbox.
- Job Referral Services - VALA members have the ability to solicit qualified job applicants through VALA’s website at no additional cost.
- The VALA Electronic Voice - VALA’s exclusive e-newsletter is published regularly and features updates on assisted living issues, in-depth information from industry leaders and regulators, and information on upcoming events that may be of interest to AL providers.
- Professional Credibility - VALA membership demonstrates to prospective residents and employees your commitment to providing the best care possible.
- Reduced Rates on Training - VALA members receive discounted registrations to attend VALA’s annual conferences that provide continuing education credits. Attendees will receive NAB credits.
- Networking - Opportunities to network at VALA professional development events, as well as opportunities to network while serving on Boards and Committees established by VALA and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Professional Recognition - VALA Diamond Awards recognize outstanding services and best practices within the AL industry.
Available to organizations that provide goods and services to the assisted living industry. Dues are $550 per year, and some of the Industry Partner benefits include, but are not limited to the following:Listed below is a sampling of the benefits provided to VALA's Industry Partners.
- VALA’s Annual Membership Listing
- Up to 4 complimentary electronic mailing to VALA’s membership
- Marketing information listed on VALA's website.
- The VALA VOICE with information pertinent to Assisted Living
- One complimentary quarter page advertisement in one edition of the VALA Voice
- Participation opportunities on ALF Boards and Committees
- Preferred Exhibition Placement at Annual Statewide Conferences
- Access to Documents reserved for VALA Members
- Membership Referral Services
- Networking Opportunities
Available to individuals or agencies interested in advocating for Virginia's assisted living industry. This also includes government agencies, Area Agencies on Aging, students, retirees, and those planning to open an assisted living facility.
NOTE: The Supporting Partner Membership is not established for employees of assisted living communities or companies that do business with assisted living communities.
- Employees of assisted living communities may join through the Assisted Living Community Membership classification.
- Organizations that wish to do business with assisted living communities may join through the Industry Partner Membership classification.