Spring Arbor Senior Living in beautiful Leesburg, VA is actively seeking an Activity Director to be responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of the Assisted Living activity program with an emphasis on the wellness, spiritual development, recreation, educational development and continued involvement in the community of all residents. The Activity Director will consistently model Spring Arbor's Vision and Values of customer focus to the residents and community. They will also demonstrate a high level of professional, energetic and enthusiastic leadership.
Creating and Coordinating
- Create and direct group and one-on-one activities for residents in the community within budget while keeping records and receipts
- Develop and implement activities in accordance with community policies and state guidelines
- Maintain attendance records of residents’ participation
- Generate and share ideas with residents to receive feedback
- Decorate house for holidays and activities and update bulletin boards as needed
- Maintain activity room, arrange furniture and supplies for activities and clean up when activities are complete
- Market the community through activities
- Create and distribute monthly newsletter and activities calendar to residents, families and prospects
- Involve residents and families in volunteer work and implement volunteer programs in the local community
- Attend professional development workshops
- Train and orient new volunteers
- Attend meetings and in-service training sessions as required and in accordance with state guidelines
- Assist in new resident orientation including the completion of the Resident’s Social Profile
- Function as part of the management team (manager on duty coverage, presenting the community, planning and participating in staff meetings, planning and implementing marketing and community events)
- Maintain open communication with residents and residents’ families
- Facilitate Resident Council Meetings
- Transport residents for scheduled activities and appointments
- Perform other related duties as assigned by his/her supervisor
- The Activity and Wellness Director seeks, trains, and supervises volunteers and the Activity Assistant, where applicable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interest in working with the senior population
- Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action
- Self motivated and independent
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Just as a family makes a house a home, our family of dedicated professionals makes Spring Arbor a place where our residents feel loved, like an extension of the family. Spring Arbor has continued to build on its successes, owning and operating 24 senior living communities throughout Virginia, North Carolina and Maryland. From Residential Assisted Living to Memory Care, our team nurtures each resident's independence by promoting dignity and choice in a setting of compassionate care. Join our team and work with us here. You’ll love it!
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, in addition to the standard competitive benefits package we also offer 10 paid holidays as well as a paid birthday off, excellent health care benefits, and education assistance-to name just a few. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit www.springarborliving.com.
Our company follows all CDC COVID-19 safety guidelines. Team safety and the care of our residents comes first! In order to join the Spring Arbor team you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
Spring Arbor Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.